This year we will be using an app called Ride with GPS to offer free turn by turn offline voice navigation on your phone. This will allow you to follow the routes in your area we have created for you. There are a few steps to getting this set up. Here are the steps to get started:
- Click this link to join the Bike NCSY club on RidewithGPS: https://ridewithgps.com/auto_approve/Club/5340/WNhaxK95qIr2cuQb
- Create a free account if you do not already have a Ride with GPS account
- Visit the App Store if you use an iPhone, or the Google Play store if you use an Android and download the free Ride with GPS app
- Log in with your email and password
- Tap More in the lower right
- Tap Clubs or Organizations
- Tap Events
- Scroll to find your Bike NCSY area and tap to open
- Tap your preferred Bike NCSY route
- Click Download in the lower left hand corner, this will allow you to navigate the route with offline maps and turn by turn voice navigation on our app.
- On the day of Bike NCSY, open your ridwithGPS app, tap Library > Offline > Navigate to start following the routes with turn by turn voice navigation.
Here is the ridwithGPS help page on accessing club events: https://ridewithgps.com/help/club-member-benefits#event-route
If you have any questions, or need assistance setting up your ridewithGPS app, contact us here!